Tuesday, October 27, 2015

floral textile painting workshop

I had the pleasure of traveling to Brooklyn, NY to take a floral painting workshop with lovely and talented artist Helen Dealtry! The class worked on experimenting with different ink painting techniques. It was fun to loosen up and paint intuitively, without laying in my pencil drawing first. My favorite piece of advice Helen offered was, "If you make a mistake just keep going! The more you try to to fix it the more attention will be drawn to it!" Below are some photos from the workshop.

Helen's beautiful ink and gouache paintings.

Helen's class demo.

Our pretty studio space with fresh flowers and mimosas!

My ink painting in process.

Close up of one of my ink paintings from the workshop.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, lovely paintings! Can I ask if you wet the page before applying the ink?
Thank you :)